Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Email notifications

Author  Topic 

SamC
White Water Yakist

3467 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 15:29:41
In the developer forum, I can request email notifications if anyone responds to a post. I don't see this same icon in the development tools forum.

As they say: What's up with that?

Sam

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 15:37:27
Probably because graz didn't turn on forum subscriptions for that forum.

Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 17:17:25
That should be fixed now.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

SamC
White Water Yakist

3467 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 18:23:47
Thank you Graz,

Now about how Netscape 7 is given black backgrounds..

Sam

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 18:47:54
Talk to the Mozilla/Netscape development team... It's the only browser that does that.

Go to Top of Page

SamC
White Water Yakist

3467 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-27 : 23:02:08
Hi Rob,

You suggested the Mozilla browser last time I mentioned the black background in Netscape 7. I took your suggestion then and tried a couple of other mozilla based browsers and had the same black background result. Only IE renders blue for me.

It may be a setting on my client pc, but I wonder what would make the server render code specifying black?

Here is the HTML again... (from the box on this window)

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align=center>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="black">
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1">

<form name="Screensize" method="POST" action="post.asp?method=Reply&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=Site+Related+Discussions&TOPIC_ID=24178&REPLY_ID=+&Topic_Title=Email+notifications">

Sam

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2003-02-28 : 07:41:22
What I meant was that only the Mozilla and Netscape browsers have that flaw, IE, Opera, and earlier versions of Netscape render the colors properly (identically in any case). I think it's because Mozilla/Netscape have a different rendering order or cascading order. Although it DOES say black, maybe Netscape/Mozilla are the only ones doing it correctly! (love to see the Opera Nazis' reaction to that statement!) There's not much that can be done because this is buried in the Snitz code somewhere, and if you change it it might then screw up the other browsers.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -