Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 "Check here to subscribe to this topic"

Author  Topic 

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-07 : 12:02:15
I know that the forum itself is premade by snitz.com but I find it totally annoying that you have to click on the link that opens a popup and refreshes the page when you want to subscribe to a topic. Why not just add another checkbox like you have when you're posting a new topic?? Is the foum possible to modify at all?

--
Lumbago
"Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand"

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-07 : 12:16:26
It is possible, but it is not easy, and modifications made to the code break easily whenever there's an upgrade. I sure don't like diving into it, and graz likes it even less.

Best thing to do is visit the Snitz home page and submit a feature request.
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-07 : 12:20:13
Ok, so you do run the upgrades every now and then when they are available?
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-07 : 12:22:44
It depends, last time we did was to fix some performance problems, at that point we were probably working off of two year old code. But it's easier to convince graz to upgrade than to modify it himself.
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-07 : 16:52:48
Right now we're current and I hope to be able to stay that way :) Unfortunately any change I make goes away when there's an upgrade.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -