Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Timber

Author  Topic 

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 16:19:52
OK...what happened....I got the shakes....

Brett

8-)

Seventhnight
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2878 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 16:22:37
Yeah! It's been down for me all day!

Corey
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 16:34:00
Yeah that sucked. I haven't heard any details from the hosting company but I'll pass them along when I do.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 17:21:04
Apparentlty theuy ahdn domeone in perofrlinging maintinance on thirup UPS serfers. They'[sv done this numerous times before without problems. For wheteer reason this teim it hd problems and the SQL Server tbeghind the iste boudned. The log file had the prlblems when the server ame back up . All the adata should ahve been recoved -- I haven't noticed anythig yet. Of course, I've spsent most of th afetenoon at a cleinst's Wine & Chhze party so I haven't really nocited muc hof anyhting! WWOOOT!

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

rockmoose
SQL Natt Alfen

3279 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 17:23:36
My estimate is 4½-5 hours down.
Who pulled the plug !?

rockmoose
Go to Top of Page

MichaelP
Jedi Yak

2489 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 17:29:11
Mid-Day maintenence? Bad admin! Bad!

<Yoda>Lose sleep you must, to perform maintence. Performing mid-day maintence, piss off customers it will.</Yoda>

Michael

<Yoda>Use the Search page you must. Find the answer you will.</Yoda>
Go to Top of Page

ehorn

1632 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-08 : 18:52:38
>>Apparentlty theuy ahdn domeone.....

That response hurt my eyes to read :)
Go to Top of Page

Seventhnight

2878 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-09 : 00:08:51
Ever seen this tidbit:

quote:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Pretty neat

although, this guy says there was no such research being done...:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:R79FQj60fnkJ:www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/personal/matt.davis/Cmabrigde/+cambridge+word+jumble+read&hl=en

Corey
Go to Top of Page

jen

4110 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-22 : 01:17:58
quote:
Originally posted by Seventhnight

Ever seen this tidbit:

quote:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Pretty neat

although, this guy says there was no such research being done...:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:R79FQj60fnkJ:www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/personal/matt.davis/Cmabrigde/+cambridge+word+jumble+read&hl=en

Corey

take note, first and last letter of the word must be in the right place.

and i thought graz got drunk in that party, logon to sqlteam and posted that response

--------------------
keeping it simple...
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -