Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Elsewhere page

Author  Topic 

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 18:38:08
Hey guys

My home server decided to go tits up last night, looks like I lost a power supply and a hard drive

So, the "Elsewhere" page won't be updated for a day or two until I get the database reinstalled and the aggregator job running.

You'll just have to watch the vatican for white smoke if you're lacking entertainment

Damian
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 19:10:17
OUCH!
Damian, maybe you should try a hosted solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emerald City Domains: Great deals on Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Custom Email, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 19:18:34
ROFL Mark

Never miss an opportunity

Damian
Go to Top of Page

byrmol
Shed Building SQL Farmer

1591 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 19:31:23
I know you are hurting now Damian, so I'll be gentle....

You know the uptime requirement for the "Elsewhere" page is six 9's, so where is the back up power supply, the distributed SAN and the 8-way cluster? Just don't tell me you spent the money on renovating a babies room.....

Seriously, I spent AUD$140.00 for a little UPS system 2 months ago.. Paid for itself already...

DavidM

A front-end is something that tries to violate a back-end.
Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark

3246 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 19:44:54
quote:
Originally posted by Merkin

ROFL Mark

Never miss an opportunity

Damian

I've still got the entrepreneurial sprit!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emerald City Domains: Great deals on Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Custom Email, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-18 : 20:01:10
Yeah, I really should get a UPS for my network. There has never been an issue until the last 6 weeks, although it could have been the server that was tripping the power.

I guess that desktop spec AMD machines just don't like being on 24/7 for over a year they get kinda hot.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark

3246 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-19 : 11:53:22
quote:
Originally posted by Merkin

Now that's taking Plausible Deniability to new levels.

Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-19 : 19:18:22

You're the first to notice.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -