Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 SQL Training for Fortune 100 company

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-20 : 09:14:49
Laura writes "DO any of you do on site training in the SQL arena?"

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-20 : 12:25:39
well for proper compensation i'll fly over the pond and give a few tips

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

twhelan1
Yak Posting Veteran

71 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-20 : 15:30:12
Not to wreck your chances at a nice consulting gig, but uhh.. well, wouldn't most Fortune 100 companies have a rather large IT staff with plenty of SQL experts? Where I work now is in the range of 115 and we have several hundred people in IT with quite a few who are versed in SQL Server and T-SQL. *shrug*

Sounds similar to a situation at my last company when they purchased new software, the vendor was showing this "neat" feature that lets you write your own SQL to customize the app... at which a VP said "Is there a SQL for Dummies book I can buy?" Two DBAs were sitting with-in ear shot and both started writing their resignation letters

~Travis
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-20 : 16:37:05
quote:
Originally posted by twhelan1

Not to wreck your chances at a nice consulting gig, but uhh.. well, wouldn't most Fortune 100 companies have a rather large IT staff with plenty of SQL experts? Where I work now is in the range of 115 and we have several hundred people in IT with quite a few who are versed in SQL Server and T-SQL. *shrug*

Most large companies do not have people who I would consider to be SQL Experts. There is plenty of opportunity for consulting in this arena.

I am sure that there are quite a number of very qualified people who frequent this site who consult for a living and would be interested in seeing what the job requirements are.

The proper forum for this type of posting is over here however: http://sqlteam.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=24

-ec
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -