Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Express Edition and Compact Edition (2005)

Author  Topic 

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 04:56:10
Just curious, why these two are group together ? They may be of the same 2005 version and free but there there are lots aspect that the Compact Edition is different from Express Edition and others.

Except for the 2 GB & 5 users limitation, Express edition is almost identical to the Standard edition.

Questions on Express Edition or Compact Edition may not be applicable to the other at all.

Shouldn't these 2 be separated ?

Just my thought.

KH

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 05:36:05
I would tend to agree.
Also shouldn't "analysis server" be "analysis services".
Not sure it should be grouped with reporting services either but there aren't many posts so from that point of view it's ok.

Probably most people know express edition (or questions would be applicable to the other editions) so from that point of view it probably doesn't have to be a separate forum. Looking at the (few) questions on compact edition they wouldn't be of interest to people who didn't use (or were interested in) the product so that should probably be seperated.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 08:13:45
My goal was to create as few forums as possible to handle the traffic. We have almost no questions about the compact edition so I didn't think it needed its own forum.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -