Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Newsletter

Author  Topic 

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-20 : 04:17:48
Just received the newsletter. Couple of observations:

Good idea to have "If you have trouble viewing this message we have ..." to enable people with mucked-up display caused by Outlook withholding images, or whatever.

I think the link on "You can subscribe by visiting SQLTeam.com" should take users straight to a dedicated Subscribe page - not just to the home page.

Looks like the SQL Team logo is embedded in the Email, because that has not been hidden by Outlook (might be that I have "approved" SQLTeam.com, and the rest of the images are from other Domains). Maybe the Logo should be clickable, and take you to the Home Page?

Kristen

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-20 : 07:03:53
Good point on the second one. I've added that too my list of future enhancements. The logo isn't embedded but I thought it was click-able. I'll look at that also.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-20 : 07:37:37
I unsubscribed from the Newsletter this morning. I didn't get any confirmation Email, should I have done?

Because the Email Addy is part of the URL for Unsubscribe some rogue could unsubscribe someone else. I don't see the need for an email requiring a click-back to confirm that you intended to unsubscribe, but an email that said something like:

This is confirm you have unsubscribed.

If you didn't mean to do this, or you think someone else is playing a prank ... Click Here to re-Subscribe.

Maybe I'm being overly pedantic ...

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-20 : 08:04:35
Kristen,

I'll look into it. I use some packaged software so I'm a little at their mercy on this.

-Bill

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-20 : 08:12:41
No worries, I was only thinking out loud!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -