Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 How did the world start?

Author  Topic 

AndrewMurphy
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2916 Posts

Posted - 2001-08-21 : 16:14:59
or more to be precise...how did this ever expanding SQLteam world start and then grow?

I'm just zipping around the site ....time to spare (9pm Irish)....and then I looked at the "members lists"....from the numbers of posts on page 1, I suspect 20%+ have come from the top 15 pos(t)ers...have we become a self-fulfilling story?...Graz?

...and then I got onto the "member since list"....naturally Graz was member 1... what I then got to thinking...given that for the 1st month or so by the evidence that there was very little action (members with posts) on the site...and thus with few content items...was why did people come back?

and how did the word spread?...I know 'search engines' is the simple answer....but initially what got people to post here/use the knowledge bank? If you type "SQL" into any search engine these days I would presume that the variety of answers would defeat the purpose of getting a 'worthwhile answer'...

So what makes this site sticky?...judging by the numbers of members it seems to be gaining numbers...do people come back or are they just tourists...being replaced by other tourists?

do people read everything, filter + read, follow up their own posts, dip in occasionally...is there an audience out there that just looks on and doesn't talk?

so for Philophosy for 800...can I have an answer Bob?

If Bill and Sean created the ball, who gave it the Harlem-Globe Trotter Spin?

- Advertisement -