Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 MSDE (2000)
 Connection Issues?

Author  Topic 

drman
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-19 : 15:59:35
We are looking to begin testing replication between development laptops and certain laptops are able to register each others versions of SQL 2000 MSDE. On my laptop, I can register/connect to all other machines, but the other members of my team cannot connect to my unit. We have gone over what we feel is everything possible and we still cannot get it to work.

When they try to register through Enterprise Manager and they see the machine name only. They do not see the name of the instance. If they add the name of the instance after the machine name, the error they receive is:

[machinename\instance] - Specified SQL server not found[ConnectionOpen (Connect()]

We have what we beleive are exactly the same Client and Server configurations on the other machines, and they all work. It just does not work when connecting to my system.

Sql Server Network Utility has the following protocols enabled:

Named Pipes and TCPip

Since we are using windows authenticaton, we verified that all users were setup on the local machines and they also had Logins configured to permit access to the necessary databases.

Thoughts of where to look next?

Thanks in Advance.

DRMAN

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-20 : 11:13:39
What kind of replication? Has some limit in msde.

For connection, ensure sql port is open on your network.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -