Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Posting Qs on somebody's name?

Author  Topic 

Sarat
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

265 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-20 : 13:23:55
Hi,
I noticed something weird. There is a log shipping question posted on 09/17/02 in Administration forums which shows I posted the question and a person called 'daveboy' answered it. I am very surprised because I didn't post that question because I have log shipping set up for a long time and I never had copy/restore issues. In fact I got into that topic hoping to answer the question because I have decent experience in log shipping now! Moreover, the way it was presented was also different. It is not a big deal because the names could be same for more than one person/user-ids. Right?
Is there a way to tell on this web site how many questions a person posted under his/her user-id and from WHERE (IP address etc.)?
Thanks,
Sarat.

Onamuji
Aged Yak Warrior

504 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-20 : 13:28:35
it's not possible someone uses/has the name Sarat other than you do you think? Think your that special that you are the only one that gets to use that name do ya?

Go to Top of Page

Sarat
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

265 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-20 : 13:35:57
quote:

it's not possible someone uses/has the name Sarat other than you do you think? Think your that special that you are the only one that gets to use that name do ya?

YOU BET! (If you know the meaning n origin!)
;-)

Go to Top of Page

Page47
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2878 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-20 : 14:11:47
The thread was an "Ask SQL Team" initiated question ...

Jay White
{0}
Go to Top of Page

chadmat
The Chadinator

1974 Posts

Posted - 2002-09-20 : 14:22:10
That's funny, I thought it was you too Sarat, since i knew you have a Log Shipping set up.

-Chad

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -